good morning everyone!
How amazing does this breakfast look?! Garrett and I were enjoying our morning coffee one day last week, and I decided to whip up something for us to eat. I think we talked about how good it tasted the entire rest of the day. This breakfast will totally fill you up, and is exactly what you need to start a long day.
What you need:
1 large sweet potato
1 pack ground turkey Italian sausage
- Defrost Italian sausage
- Peel and dice sweet potato
- In a large frying pan, brown Italian sausage thoroughly
- With a slotted spoon (so you leave the oil behind), move Italian sausage to a bowl, cover, and set aside
- In the same frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the leftover oil, and add potatoes
- Add a dash of cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and stir well
- Turn heat to low, and cover the pan with a lid
- Let sit for 5 minutes, stir again
- Turn heat to medium, stir ever so often until sides brown slightly or can be easily punctured with a fork
- In a small frying pan pour some cooking oil on high heat
- Crack egg into pan, and let sit until the white it completely cooked (make sure your heat it high)
Plate the egg over the meat, add salt and pepper, and eat the potatoes separately. The runny yoke goes perfectly with the spicy meat. And the potatoes… well you’ll just have to taste them yourself to see just how amazing they are.
Hope the week is going well for everyone! I’m working like crazy and then classes start next week so I’m getting really excited!!
That’s it for now 🙂